Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I love a good wedding

I was able to go to the wedding of my friends Jill and Wisdom this past weekend. I met Jill when we both studied abroad through the Baylor in Maastricht program our junior year in college. Not really knowing each other that well, we ended up taking a special trip to Ireland and England together that remains one of my favorite travel experiences ever, even after all these years. I actually met Wisdom on that trip too when he flew to London to do some traveling with Jill before we came home for the semester. He's a great guy, and they are perfect for one another. Since Maastricht, Jill and I have slowly become good friends, and I look forward to getting know her even more in the coming years. Jill and Wisdom have a long story full of God's grace and blessings, and it was so special to see them finally commit their lives to each other and to God. I love going to weddings like this. They remind me that God has a special plan and story for each of us, and one day, in his timing, I'll be the one walking down the aisle, sharing my own story of God's faithfulness with those who are present.

Congratulations Jill and Wisdom!


0 comments: