I hate cars. Except for the tiny fact that they me freedom to go places whenever I want. But besides that, I hate cars. My Betsy broke down on me twice last week and cost me A LOT of money to fix. She also caused me to have to chase after a bus when she wouldn't start. I was up at UNT on a Saturday to chaperone a fieldtrip and was going to follow the bus with my car. The buses had already pulled away when I discovered she wouldn't start, and I had to run after the bus with all my students looking at me through the windows. They figured out what the problem was though and got the driver to stop and let me on.
The people at the shop still can't really figure out what the problem is, so despite $1,000 in needed repairs, there's still no guarantee she won't quit on me again. Now I am a paranoid driver. When you commute 25 minutes every day on I-35 you want to be able to trust your car. I think the time is coming for me to make my first adult purchase and buy a new car. I've still got some saving to do though.
Poor Betsy.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
For the record
Posted by Meghan at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment