It's my first post of 2009! The fact that this is being written on Jan. 16 is not a good sign considering my New Year's resolution was to write every day, either in my journal or on my blog. I've done better with writing in my journal. I have decided that I miss writing, and I hope 2009 will bring a job change. I remember that one of my professors told me that good writing takes practice. She said that even just writing in streams of consciousness for five minutes a day would help improve somebody's skills. Since I've been out of the writing biz for the past 6 months or so, I've decided I need to sharpen up. Hence the new year's resolution.
My second resolution this year is to shape up. Now this resolution has been set many times before. This time is different. I lost about 10-15 pounds while I was living in England. But now, six months later, I am back at my pre-England weight. Boo America. Too much Chick-Fil-A, Mexican food, and cookie dough - all nonexistent across the pond. I also walked everywhere in England and worked out almost every day as a break from studying. Now, I spend much of my day sitting and work out 2-3 times a week. Here's why I think I usually fail: I give up on myself too easily. I have never had accountability in my weight loss goals. Also, when you live by yourself, it is much easier to eat over eat. I am hoping by talking about this on my blog, that will change a bit. More so that exercising, my weight loss obstacle is food. Therefore, I am taking baby steps to change my lifestyle.
Goals for this week:
- Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal.
- I will not buy any cookies (my weakness) at the store this week.
See you next week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment