Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sunshine

Today was absolutely beautiful. The sun was out. It got up to 60 degrees. Flowers are blooming. I sat outside enjoying the sun, and it felt like God created today just for me. He did, right? It definitely felt like an answer to prayer at least.

I had some encouraging moments this week. I received an essay back and got the highest score I've gotten all year - I went from high pass to distinction. By the way, the English grading scale is very weird. It's graded on a scale of 1-80, and anything above a 60-70 is the B,B+ range. I got a 73 and was so happy. Wouldn't have felt that way in the States. I also talked to one of my professors about some problems I was having with my dissertation and my dissertation supervisor and he handled it all for me. It made me realized that sometimes it is good to express your frustrations. I usually keep that kind of thing inside. Anyways, my situation is much better now, and I feel a lot more optimistic about the project I'll be producing now. Finally, I discovered a smoothie shop near campus that I didn't know existed. You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I love me some smoothies. And it's nice to have a place to go and sit in the afternoon besides a pub. I spent two hours after class hanging out with my coursemates in the smoothie shop, and I walked away feeling happy and relaxed. I've been so focused on school, it was a good reminder that I need to take breaks every once in a while.

0 comments: