Saturday, April 19, 2008

The one where I make bad life choices

I am supposed to be writing my first draft of a lit review right now. Hence the post. Actually, there may be a surge in the number of posts I make to my blog in the next few months, since all I will be doing between now and July 1 is writing.

I have made several self-destrucive decisions in the last week.
Bad decision #1: It took me a whole year, but I finally stumbled upon the games package on my computer. I made the mistake of opening up Spider Solitaire and teaching myself how to play. If you want to know a good way to pass an hour of your day without realizing it, play solitaire. Now instead of Facebook providing a study distraction, I have solitaire, which is much more deadly.
Bad decision #2: I began watching The Hills online at MTV.co.uk. The American television stations won't let you watch their shows from outside the country, and one of my friends mentioned that she watches her MTV shows on the UK website. It was The Hills or Real World, and I'd like to think I chose the lesser of two evils, but the smart decision would have been neither. Now I am hooked, waiting for the day when Heidi will finally dump Spencer and realize she's been an idiot.
Bad decision #3: I have started spending too much time and money on iTunes. It started when I heard the new Madonna and JT song on BBC radio 2 and couldn't get it out of my head. Then it started with a rampage to catch up on all the new music I've missed in the last 7 months. The most embarrassing song I purchased would probably be Jordin Sparks, "No Air." I usually try to stay away from American Idol offerings, but this song was too catchy. Cleaning my room while belting it out with Jordin, I actually wished I had had my heart broken so I could feel the song more. So any men interested in breaking my heart so I can sing more passionately to a sub-par pop song that will be forgotten in two months, just let me know.

I'm perfectly aware of how ridiculous I just made myself sound. And thus ends my essay-writing procrastination.

0 comments: