Last night, being low on food and not feeling like cooking, I made scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. My Thai and Chinese flatmates were in the kitchen at the time and could not get over the fact that that was all I was eating for dinner. No rice? They kept looking at each other and then me and asking me all sorts of questions. They kept asking what kind of eggs I was using, and I kept giving them strange looks, saying "normal eggs." I finally figured out the answer they were after was scrambled eggs. I then had to go through the different ways you can cook eggs. Cooking eggs was like a new idea for them. I've seen them eat eggs - this means that they crack a raw egg over a bowl of noodles and stir it in. I find that much more strange than eating scrambled eggs for dinner. Oh the beautiful differences in cultures. It's always entertaining and eye-opening but sometimes frustrating, I'll admit.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment