Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ecclesiastes 3:1

Life has been full since I arrived home. I've been dealing with a lot of emotions as I adjust to life in Texas and the realities of having to face life now as a financially independent adult. The day after I got home, my parents dropped my car insurance and cell phone bill in my lap and were like, "Here you go". My dad also announced I would have to start paying rent to live at home if I took too long to find a job. I understand, but it was a little much to dump all that on me before I had even been home for 48 hours.

Beyond that, our house was being renovated when I came home. This included turning my room into a guest room. I'm sad all my lime green, blue and purple is gone. I don't have a teenage room anymore. While this was being done, I was living in my brother's room, and my stuff is scattered throughout the house, garage and attic. It's been hard because even though I'm at home, I still feel live my existence is very temporary and unknown. I don't know how long I am going to be living at home, and it's going to be a pain to repack everything up after I just unpacked it when I do move out.

Nevertheless, I love being home and have had fun being with my family again. I've also been slowly but surely catching up with all my friends in the DFW area. Another new adjustment for me is having to transition to having friends scattered across the metroplex, state and country. There are so many people who live far away now that I miss. Is this the point in life when you transition to "adult friendships"? Where you see people every couple of years and just understand that you will always be friends, even when you don't see or talk to them regularly?

I've been using this time of transition to seek God and renew my relationship with him. I have to say, this could have been a difficult or stressful time for me, but I have had complete peace as I wait to see what direction He takes me.


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

I think I'm in a season of growth.

0 comments: