I am taking the train to London tomorrow to meet my parents! I am so excited. It doesn't feel real that in the next 14 hours, I will see members of my family again. It's been more than 8 months. In the last eight months, I've learned to be independent and to not miss being around family. I've gotten used to making my own decisions without having to call one of my parents or the best friend first. And in 14 hours, my two lives are going to collide. I'm so excited to show my parents the world I've been living in and have adapted to over the last year. I've just in the last few weeks started to realize how much I will miss England. I'm excited to go home, but I finally feel like I've come to understand this place, so I'm sad to leave. I'm going to miss my church here, my classmates, being a Fulbrighter, going to the town square and shopping streets on Saturdays, beautiful gardens, the newspapers and media frenzy here, taking the train, and sitting on the bus and watching the old women gossiping around me. The old people and little kids are so much cuter here because of their accents. I love watching the little kids running around in the school uniforms and hearing them say the word "Mummy." I'm going to miss all the quirks and sensibilities of the people here. I'm also going to really miss London. It's one of my favorite cities in the world, and I can't wait to play tour guide tomorrow.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment