Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The February blahs

I have decided that the most encouraging thing in this world (besides knowing Jesus) is the knowledge that time goes on. It's a guarantee. One of the only things you can count on in this life. Right now, I want to go home. Winter without a car sucks. I don't feel like I belong anywhere yet. I am ready to be out of a dorm and in a house again. School is tough. I realized that I haven't really had a good hug since I said good-bye to my parents at the airport in September. I need one. July seems like forever away. But it will come. And until then, I choose to trust, live, learn, and have fun. I've always believed that happiness is a choice. It's been easy to think that because I have found happiness to come naturally in my life. But now it's a little tougher, so it's time to put my belief into action. I will be happy. I won't complain. And I will try to walk by faith and not sight, because right now I still don't understand why God gave me this opportunity. I feel like I've failed somewhere along the way because things haven't gone as I imagined they would. Maybe I entered into things with unrealistic expectations.

Take a deep breath, Meghan. It's going to be ok.

Now faith is being sure of what is hoped for, and certain of what is not seen. Hebrews 11:1

0 comments: