I will be here:
Right now I'm staring at my two suitcases on the floor. There are so many pieces of clothing on the floor, I don't even know where to begin. How do you pack for a year? Especially when I'm limited to 20 kg per suitcase. Damn the British for giving us the standard system and then switching to metrics. It's made me completely useless for figuring out weights, measurements and temperatures outside of the U.S. All the weather Web sites I've been looking at for England only give the temperature in Celsius. I had to go look up the Farenheit to Celsius conversion formula and figure out the temperature myself. I hadn't done that 9th grade algebra homework. I think I'm going to have to find a big metric conversion chart and tape it up on the wall in my room in Leeds.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
This time next week,
Posted by Meghan at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Meghoncé!
Thought I ought to leave you some comment-love.
((loves))
I think there are weather sites that will display in both systems for you, but a little chart, a little math never hurt anyone.
I'm so excited for you! Look at you, all living your dreams.
meg! hope you have arrived safely!!!
ps i like your life goals. i have a feeling you will reach them. also, i think cappadocia is the best place in the world to go hot air ballooning...please do it for me if you get the chance.
Post a Comment